1. The Society shall be known as the MISSION SOCCER CLUB.
2. The purposes of the Club shall be as follows:a) to foster and develop the game of soccer within the District of Mission;
DISSOLUTION OF MISSION SOCCER CLUB
3. In the event that the Club should at any time be wound up or dissolved, the remaining assets after payment of all debts and liabilities shall be turned over to a recognized charitable organization in the Province or elsewhere in Canada. This provision is unalterable.
NO PURPOSE OF GAIN
4. The purpose of the Society shall be carried out without purpose of gain for its members, and any profits or other accretions to the Society shall be used for promoting its purpose.
DEFINITIONS & INTERPRETATIONS
a) Club, Society, and Association shall refer to the Mission Soccer Club.
1) The following are definitions of words and their meanings used within this document:
2) Any disputes arising from differing interpretations of this constitution shall be referred to the Executive for a decision.
AFFILIATIONS, MEMBERSHIPS AND DUES
1. The Mission Soccer Club is a member of various Associations and through those bodies shall be affiliated and under the jurisdiction of the BC Soccer Association, and shall be subject to the rules and regulations of that body.
2. The Club shall recognize as members, upon application, all persons qualifying under Article 1.
3. All applications for registration from residents outside the community shall require approval by the Executive.
4. A person ceases to be a member of the club:a) by delivering his or her resignation in writing to the registrar of the club or by mailing or delivering it to the address of the societyb) at the conclusion of the season for which membership was acceptedc) on his or her deathd) on being expelled, ore) on having been a member not in good standing for three (3) consecutive months.
5. A member may be expelled by a special resolution of the members passed at a general meeting. The notice of the special resolution for expulsion must be accompanied by a brief statement of the reasons for the proposed expulsion. The person who is the subject of the proposed resolution for expulsion must be given an opportunity to be heard at the general meeting before the special resolution is put to a vote.
6. All members are in good standing except a member who:a) has failed to pay his or her current annual membership dues, or any other subscription or debt due and owing by the member to the club, and the member is not in good standing as long as the debt remains unpaid;b) has not returned when required any property, including uniforms and equipment, belonging to the club, and the member is not in good standing as long as the item(s) have not been returned or as long as adequate compensation has not been paid to the club.
1. The business of the Club shall be conducted by a Board of 8 members which shall be known as the Club Executive.
2. No person shall be considered to be a candidate for election to the Executive unless such person is a member in good standing.
3. The Club Executive shall consist of:PresidentVice-PresidentSecretaryTreasurerRegistrarMini CoordinatorBoys' District RepresentativeGirls' District Representative
4. The following Officers shall be elected by majority vote or by acclamation at each Annual General Meeting
a) for a term of two (2) years(i) in odd numbered years, the President, Secretary, Treasurer, Boy's District Representative, one Girl's District Representative(ii) in even numbered years, the Vice-President, Registrar, and Mini Coordinator
5. Positions shall be effective with the first Club meeting subsequent to the Annual general Meeting. Club Executive shall conduct themselves in a manner which is conducive to the attainment of the objectives of the Club. An Officer of the Club may be removed at any time by the membership upon a motion receiving a two-thirds majority vote at any meeting. An elected or appointed officer of the Club may resign at any time with a written intent to do so as accepted by the Executive.
6. The duties of the officers of the Society shall be such as the terms of the engagement call for and the Board of Directors requires of them, broadly defined as follows:a)The President shall preside at all meetings of the members of the Club and of the Club Executive. The President shall be charged with the general management and supervision of the affairs and operations of the Club.
7) There shall be no remuneration for any Officer of the Club except for expenses which occur as a direct result of work done for the Society.
8) Vacancies on the Executive, however caused, may, so long as a quorum of Directors remain in office, be filled by the Directors from among the qualified members of the Club, if they see fit to do so. If there is not a quorum of Directors, the remaining Directors, if they so choose, shall forthwith call a meeting of the members to fill the vacancy; otherwise such vacancy shall be filled at the next annual general meeting of the members. If the number of Directors is increased between terms, a vacancy or vacancies, to the number of authorized increase, shall thereby be deemed to have occurred, which may be filled in the manner prescribed.
9) The responsibilities of the Executive shall include the authority to hire or contract the services of qualified personnel to perform functions they deem necessary in their absolute discretion to facilitate the functioning of the Club, its programs and the promotion of its purposes.
10) The responsibilities of the Executive shall include the authority to make such policies and procedures as they deem necessary in their absolute discretion to facilitate the functioning of the Club and the promotion of its purposes, and such policies and procedures shall be binding on the members and on all participants in the programs of the Club.
1. The Club shall hold a minimum of four regular meeting per year, including the Annual General Meeting which shall be held at the end of the current regular season, as determined by the Executive.
2. The time and place of each meeting shall be determined by the Executive.
3. Any member in good standing shall be entitled to vote at all meetings unless otherwise stated within these by-laws. Votes shall be cast on the basis of one vote per member. All votes at any meeting shall be cast in person by a show of hands, except in the instance of a secret ballot.
4. The President shall cast no votes except in the case of a tie vote.
5. The order of business at general meetings shall be as follows:Roll CallAdoption of previous minutesTreasurer's reportCorrespondence Committee and Officers reportsOld BusinessNew Business including proposals from the membershipAdjournment
6. The order of business at each Annual General Meeting shall be as follows:Roll CallAdoption of previous minutesTreasurer's ReportCorrespondence Committees and Officers reportsConstitutional AmendmentsOld BusinessElection of OfficersAppointment of Committees/OfficersNew BusinessAdjournment
7. At each Annual General Meeting, and at any time deemed mandatory, the Executive shall appoint volunteers for the following positions:Parks and Recreation/Field CoordinatorScorekeeper and StatisticianEquipment ManagerReferee-in-ChiefCommunications OfficerRisk Management OfficerAge Group RepsCommittees deemed necessary to attain objectives of the Club
8. The Chairperson of the Board shall have the authority to call a Special General Meeting at any time upon written request of a majority of the Board, or upon written request signed by ten percent (10%) of the members.
9. It shall be the duty of the Secretary to inform members of general meeting dates. In the case of Annual General Meeting or Special Resolution meetings, such notice shall be in writing not less than 14 days prior to the meeting date. It shall be the duty of the team coach or manager to ensure all members of the Club concerned with her/his team are aware of the time and place of all Club meetings, and to ensure at least one individual represents the team at the meeting.
EXECUTION OF DOCUMENTS
1. Deeds, transfers, licenses, contracts and engagements on behalf of the Society shall be signed by the President or Vice-President, and by the Secretary.
2. All club financial transactions shall have two signatures, signed by the Treasurer, and President or one executive member appointed by the executive
1. For the purpose of carrying out the objects of the Society, the Directors my borrow or raise or secure the payment of money in such a manner as they think fit, and in particular by the issue of debentures, provided debentures shall not be issued without the sanction of a Special Resolution of the Society.
AUDIT OF ACCOUNTS
1. The Board of Directors may from time to time appoint an Auditor or Auditors to hold office for such period as the Directors may determine.
1. Alterations to the Constitution or to the By-laws may be made at any Special Resolution meeting or at the Annual General Meeting where a quorum is present. Such Alterations or amendments shall have been proposed and submitted in writing to the Club secretary, for circulation to Executive and/or member coaches not less than thirty days in advance of the meeting on which a vote is to be taken on the amendment. Circulation may be in written form, by telephone, or by meeting.
2. Amendments shall become effective when reviewed by BCYSA and filed and registered with the Registrar of companies.
1. The rules contained in the current edition of Robert's Rules of Order Newly Revised shall govern the Society in all cases to which they are applicable and in which they are not inconsistent with these bylaws and any special rules of order the Society may adopt and any statues applicable to this organization.
1. The Club shall maintain an account at a bank or Credit Union within the community.
2. The Club shall maintain a postal box at the local Post Office which will serve as the permanent address for the Club.
3. The Club shall carry a suitable liability insurance policy covering the Club, its officers, coaches, mangers, players and officials.
4. The signing officers for all Club business shall be the Treasurer, President or one other member of the executive as appointed by the executive.
Mission Soccer Club - July 2011